Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Only Three Ingredient Chocolate Brownies





Hello my dear followers, I took a long...really long break from posting on Cravings. I was  busy cooking and creating and not really documenting my recipes. But this week is back to school week and I am inspired to type my creations and share with you all. Thank you to those who sent me reminders about restarting and for waiting patiently during this time.

So to get things going, here I am sharing only 3 ingredient chocolate brownies with you all today! It has Chocolate of course, almonds and dates and that's it! I have also added vanilla extract and hemp seeds but they are 100% optional or totally interchangeable.

WARNING: These are extremely addictive yet extremely nutritious brownies. 

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 and 1/2 cup Almonds
  • 1 cup pitted dates soaked for 10 minutes
  • 100 gram/ 3.5oz dark chocolate bark - I used 70% cacao dark chocolate.
  • Hemp seeds for garnishing and some extra protein-  totally optional 
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract.
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Put almonds in a blender/ food processor. Pulse until the almonds break down into crumb-sized pieces.
  • Drain the soaked dates and dry them with paper towel. Add the dates to the blender. Also add the vanilla extract at this point and pulse until everything well combined.  
  • Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper. Spread the mixture from the blender on to the pan evenly. 
  • Refrigerate this layer for 30 minutes or until it hardens. 
  • Chop the chocolate bark into small chunks and melt the chocolate using double boiler method. You can also microwave the chocolate instead.
  • Take out the pan from the refrigerator and pour melted chocolate on top and even out.
  • Sprinkle hemp seeds on top to finish it off!

You should be able to enjoy these brownies for 2-3 weeks, only if they can really last that long. Because we are using melted chocolate on top, we should store them in refrigerator.

With back to school around the corner, this is a great snacking option for the kids. These tastes more like desert than just plain old boring snack. I hope you give them a try and if you do, I would love to know :)




No comments: