I hope you all had a great Christmas! Christmas is the time to enjoy with family and of course food. It is one of those occasions in a year where we all indulge a little or a little too much!
Now that it's over why not nourish your body with some amazing lettuce wraps!
Here is what you will need-:
- Lettuce leaves as many as you need for the wraps
- 1 cup cooked quinoa- cook it as per instructions, add a pinch of red chilly powder and a pinch of salt while cooking.
- 1/2 cup green mung bean sprouts- steamed with a pinch of salty water.
- 2 avocados
- 5/6 cherry tomatoes halved
- Lemon Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Salt and crushed black pepper
- Organic GMO free Corn chips to top it off for some crunchiness
- Prepare guacamole- In a bowl, mix in chopped avocados, tomatoes, onion, coriander powder, lemon juice, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Mash them up. Set aside.
- That's it. Starting with quinoa, guacamole, bean sprouts, assemble everything on a lettuce leaf, roll and eat! Crack up some chips on the top.
If you are not a lettuce leaf fan, alternatively you can try making some quinoa and bean sprouts chillas shown in the picture. Chop some lettuce and mix in with the guacamole and other toppings. Please stay tuned for the recipe. In the mean time you can try making Green Mung Bean Chillas or my Spring Onion/ Scallion Pancakes and use those as wraps as well.