This entry is my new favorite snack time addiction!! BEWARE it might catch you!!!
What a great way to include all kinds of nuts of your choice along with the seeds and berries and the tasteful dates. Get the protein from the nuts, antioxidents from the berries, minerals from the seeds. If you are a sweet lover, nothing should stop you from making this delicious treat for yourself but even if you don't have a sweet tooth (like me) , take my word that this snack will make you addict.
Super simple and super quick to make, give them a try!
- Dates- pitted
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried Cherries
- Dried figs
- Roasted unsalted peanuts
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Puffed Amaranth Seeds ( Rajgira in Marathi, you can these find at Indian store- see picture)
- Golden Raisins
- 1 tsp of Agave nectar
- Dried coconut shredded - to roll the balls later.
Use the ingredients of your choice, just make sure to add enough dates to bind everything together. You can also add other nuts like pecans, walnuts etc. I had Rajgira (Amaranth) vadi, that I crumbled and tossed into the the blender.
- Toss everything in a blender except the shredded coconut and grind until everything gets mixed up well.
(That white square in the back of the blender is the Rajgira vadi made up of puffed amaranth seeds)
- Make sure that the nuts get chopped up into small pieces.
- Spoon out little by little and using your hands roll into rounds.
- Roll them further in shredded coconut, just to cover them from all sides.
I bet you will start snacking them right away!
This entry goes to Snacks Recipes- Evening snack recipes from my culinary creations.
Also to Kid's Delight- Easy to make snacks under 30 minutes and Kid's delight wholesome breakfast.
Thank you for hosting the events ladies!!