All you have to do is mix some ingredients a night before keep the bowl in the refrigerator and mix the remaining the next morning and that's it.!!
For a night before-:
- Quick cooking oats/ rolled oats( I have tried both, works well)
- Soy milk(I used vanilla)
- Chia seeds(My most favorite ingredient of this recipe)
- Mashed banana
|Mashed banana, oats and chia seeds!|
|Ready to go in the refrigerator.|
The morning ingredients-:
- Almond butter/ peanut butter (I love both)
- A dash of organic maple syrup
- Dried Cranberries
|Right out of the fridge!|
|The peanut butter, dried cranberries and maple syrup.|
- Very Simple
- Just add the night before ingredients in to a bowl and keep covered in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning pull the bowl out and add the morning ingredients, mix and grab a spoon.
It tastes out of this world. The sweetness of banana just kicks off my day with full of energy. The Chia seeds puff up overnight and gel well with the rest of the ingredients giving the dish a thicker consistency.
The weather is warming up here in Seattle. What better breakfast can I find to cool me down than these overnight oats with Chia seeds.
I have been eating this for my breakfast at least 3 days a week, just because it's so easy to put together and the results are astonishing. My skin feels so soft to touch like never before. My suspect is the chia seeds. According to Ayurveda, chia supports deep hydration. More benefits of chia seeds here.