If you are like me who likes the flavor of lentil curry but wish to have a dried version that gets carried well through the day or may be on a picnic day, you are in a right place.
- 1 cup Beluga lentils
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- Baby arugula
- Rinse the lentils and drain well, place it in a pan and cover 3-4 inches above with water. Bring to boil and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure you don't overcook, they should still have a bite to it.
- While the lentils are cooking, mix all the dressing ingredients together and stir well
- When they are done cooking, run them through cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add the dressing, chopped red onion, raisins and capers to the lentils.
- Add arugula or any other greens just before serving the salad.
Inspired from My New Roots.