Take my word, this one is your time savor. This is for those busy mornings when you barely have time to cook your lunch. Rip open the Seitan that has already in pieces for you to go, chop your favorite veggies, throw in whatever spices and sauces you have on hand and while you do all this, just put a pressure cooker on the side, and there you have your meal ready in less than 15 minutes..:))
- Vegetables of your choice- I used fresh broccoli, carrots, cabbage, Bok choy, green bell pepper.
- Seitan- I used chicken style, which already comes in pieces, you can cut it further into strips.( see picture)
- Stir fry sauce
- Green chilly vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- If you have time you can marinate the Seitan strips in advance in the broth that seitan comes in, add in some spices like ginger powder, garlic powder, and some soy sauce. Keep it aside.
- In a wok or in a pan, add peanut oil
- Let it heat and then add ginger and garlic .
- Add chopped veggies. Stir them for couple of minutes.
- Add all the sauces.
- Let all flavors come together and then mix a tbsp of cornstarch into the water and add spoon by spoon into the veggies, if it thickens add some more broth or water.
- Remember not to overcook the veggies, I usually keep them a little underdone. That way they retain a little crunch that I love.
- Adjust the salt as per taste.
- Serve over white rice or brown rice.