It will be almost a month since I have posted a new recipe! I have been just cooking and cooking and not getting enough time to actually sit and type in front of computer. As a result I now have too many drafts sitting back there. I decided to break the long break with this delicious Raw Almond cacao Truffles. Vegan, delicious chewy brown balls are so fun to share this holiday season!
Since the holidays are in the air, I have been cooking a lot of sweet stuff lately. Not everything is worth landing up on the blog, since I have been experimenting a lot.
These cuties are our this year's holiday favorites and I will be making at least 2 more batches before the holiday season ends just because they are so simple to make and are guilt-free at the same time. Almonds, cacao powder, dates and almond milk that's it!!
Let's dive in-:
Ingredients-: Makes about 24 pieces
- Raw almonds- 2 cups
- Medjool Dates(Deseeded)- 12 Soak them for 15 minutes
- 4-5 tbsp of Almond milk or any non-dairy milk
- 1/4th cup of cacao powder
- A pinch of salt.
- In a food processor, blend in the almonds, salt and cacao powder to a fine flour like consistency.
- Add the dates and blend well by pulsing.
- Add almond milk or the milk of your choice so that the mixture starts to come together.
- With the help of small spoons drop the mixture on to a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and roll into round balls and then coat with the cacao powder.
- You can store in the refrigerator for upto 1 week if they can last that long..:)
- Serve at room temperature.
These truffles are going to Let's party- eggless bakes and treats, also linking CookCookandCook, and Thoushaltcook and also to grand festive feasts.
|Thanks to my dear friend Swapna for the nice serving platter!|
Recipe source- http://www.ohladycakes.com/2012/09/raw-cacao-truffles.html