Fried snack is always fun!! These crispy rice fingers are absolutely delicious, crunchy snack , goes very well with Indian chai..:) Kids love this finger food. It's a great snack item for the party, especially because it doesn't have to be hot while serving. You can prepare it a day or even a week before the party, and store it in an airtight container and you are ready to go...:)
Here is what you will need-:
- Rice flour- 1 cup
- Ajwain seeds - 1 tbsp
- Milk - as much as you need to kneed the dough.
- Salt- as per your taste.
- Oil- Heated oil, 1 tbsp.
- Oil- For frying.
This is how you prepare it-:
- Mix the flour ,ajwain seeds, salt together. Mix it well.
- Add 1 tbsp of heated oil into the mixture.
- Add the milk as much as you need to kneed the dough. Make sure that the dough is neither too tight nor too soft. It should be of medium consistency.
- Rest the dough for half an hour before you give them a shape.
- Take a little portion of the dough in to your hands and roll the dough to make them like the shape of your fingers.
- Deep fry them in the oil.
And the rice fingers are ready!!
You can change the shape and make them round or shape them like a drop of water. (refer to the picture below).