Only one dough makes these two tasty snacks!! It's a great time saver for parties. You will be able to do more in less time. The dough is made up of all purpose flour, Ajwain seeds, salt, which makes savory ribbons,and the same dough with a few more ingredients added makes tasty triangles. Both the items are good for a picnic, you can just make them beforehand and just store them in the airtight container and you are ready to go....:)
Ingredients you are going to need-:
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
- ajwain seeds- 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- water- to kneed the dough
- oil- 2 tbsp(heated)
- oil- for frying.
- Mix the flour, salt, ajwain seeds, cumin seeds, and heated oil together.
- With your hands, mix the dough so that the oil gets into the dough very well.
- Add the water as much needed to kneed the dough.
- Make the dough t0 the medium consistency.
- With the rolling pin, roll the dough to make it into a thin round.
- With the help of the round cutter, cut the round, in to strips. Cut them so that they will be 2-3 inches long.
- Cut them again into half if needed.
- Deep fry them in the oil.
As I mentioned above one dough makes both snacks. Only ingredient we are going to add while making these triangles is the cornflour mixed with 1 tsp of oil/ clarified butter/ ghee.
- Follow all the steps in the ribbons recipe up to rolling the dough and making it round.
- After you make a round shape, spread the cornflour mixed with 1 tsp of butter/ oil.
- Fold the round in to a half and again in to a half, so as to make a triangle.Apply cornflour at every fold.
- Press the triangle slightly with the rolling pin, so that all the layers get close to each other.
- Heat the oil and let the triangles swim in to the hot tub!
- Try to separate the layers while they are swimming in the hot tub.
- Nice layers will be formed, and you will see the color changing that's when you know that they are ready for you.
- Let them swim for a while.
And they are ready!
These yummy snacks are great themselves or they taste even better with the mint chutney/ tamarind chutney!!
Coming up: Asparagus Soup-A slow cooker wonder!!