- Pumpkin- cooked
- Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- Cumin Seeds
- Asafoetida/ hing
- Green Chili
- Roasted Peanut powder
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pumpkin and then peel it. I used steamer to cook the pumpkin, but you can certainly use the pressure cooker . It becomes easier to peel after it gets cooked. If you want you can peel it and then cook it. That is fine too.
- Mash the pumpkin so that no big lumps are left.
- Tadka preparation- Heat a pan with some ghee in it. Add cumin seeds, green chilies, saute for a minute and add asafoetida, turmeric.
- Add roasted peanut powder.
- Add salt to taste. Pour the tadka over the mashed pumpkin and mix well.