Soaked mung daal - 1cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric- a pinch
Canola oil- 2 tbsp
Baking soda- 1 tsp
Water- 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves- 5-6
A pinch of asafoetida
- Soak the yellow mung daal in water for 4-6 hours. Grind the soaked daal to a rough consistency. Don't make it too smooth.
- Also grind the garlic and chily in a grinder with some salt and keep it aside.
- Put the steamer on the medium flame.
- Mix the grounded mung daal with grounded garlic chilly mixture and add 2 tbsp of water and salt to taste.
- Also add 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Add the baking soda just before you put the mixture in the steamer.
- Mix everything well and pour the mixture in to a pan that you can safely put in the steamer.
- On a medium- high heat keep the steamer for about 15 minutes.
- The dhokla will be ready in 15- 20 minutes. It's done if inserted knife comes out clean.
I am sending this recipe to Cooking concepts- Vegan Diet - Only plant based hosted by Srav's Culinary Concepts.