Are you all looking for one more recipe that calls for Kale? Here it is- try eating this side dish with Bhakari(Indian flat bread) or Poli/ chapati (Other kind of Indian breads )or with rice. The caramelized onions gives the dish a kick that goes well with the Kale, making it more palatable.
All you need is-:
- A bunch of kale- Chopped
- A big onion sliced
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Peanut Oil for tempering- 1-2 tsp
- Cumin seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Asafoetida- hing powder
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilly powder
- Amchur powder
- Add Peanut oil into a pan and let it heat well.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, after that goes in asafoetida. Then add the sliced onions, saute them on low flame.
- After a minute or so, add turmeric powder and let the onions caramelize on a low flame. Caramelizing is a process of slowly cooking for long time, which pulls out natural sugar in onions and the end result is intensely flavorful and richly brown in color.
- Once the onions get caramelize( it took about 15 minutes for me, but it depends on how low your flame is) add the ginger and garlic paste and mix everything well.
- After a couple more minutes add the chopped kale and mix well. The kale will start to wilt down. Add red chilly powder, amchur powder and salt.
- Let all the flavors come together. Cover the pan until all the kale wilts down. Turn off the heat and done..:)